Crushing It - On His Own Terms - as a Beatmaker, Guitar Player & Producer!
Johnny Walker grabbed hold of beat licensing and made it work specifically for him! Already armed with skills as a talented guitarist, Johnny carved out his own niche of guitar instrumental beats, and has been leasing and selling beats consistently ever since.
Over the past year, Johnny focused on growing and nurturing his audience through email marketing, creative collaborations, and irresistible offers. And his hard work and dedication have paid off in spades!
He already has over 600 subscribers to his YouTube channel and he doubled his music income from the previous year - raking in five-figure sales from his part-time home studio!
Johnny’s story is a testament to the power of creativity, dedication and hard work and he’s a true inspiration to anyone looking to take control of their career and create a path that is uniquely their own.
Here are just a FEW of Johnny's wins in the past year!!
- 600 + subscribers to his YouTube channel, Johnny Walker - Guitar Beats
- Leasing Beats consistently
- Report a net profit on his taxes for the first year!
- Reaching $10k in sales from his home studio through beats and session work - nearly 2x the year before!
- He is currently working on a 12-string acoustic loop kit and a “Guitarist in a Box” work tape sound kit.
Isn't this awesome?! 🎸
Find out more about Johnny Walker at Guitar Beatz
Derick Sebastian / Sounds of Sebastian Publishing
From MLB National Anthem Ukulele US Tour To TV Spots and An International Musical
Welcome to the incredible journey of Derick Sebastian and his trusty Ukulele!
We left off last year with Derick having landed 3 songs in a Roxy/Quicksilver advertising campaign…
12 months on, Derick has just completed an MLB National Anthem tour, playing his Ukulele in stadiums all across the States - and being featured on various news spots on TV too!!
But there’s more!
Derick has produced 2 songs for an international musical and has launched his very own custom song production company, One Love One Song, to create unique, personalized songs for all occasions.
And if that wasn't enough, Derick has recently signed more of his music to a major library.
To think that before he signed up for Home Studio Boss, Derrick didn’t know how to produce at all! What a BOSS!
Here are just a FEW of Derick's wins in the past year!!
- Completed MLB Spring Training National Anthem Tour 2023 - taking in multiple cities/stadiums across the US!
- Signed some of his music to a major library.
- Produced 2 songs for an international musical.
- Launched his own custom song company One Love One Song (for weddings, anniversaries, vow renewals)
How AMAZING!! 🥳
Heartbeat Kick Productions
Your PLAB Community Manager, Katie Dwyer - A Home Studio Boss Powerhouse!
Katie Dwyer needs no introduction! 😁 As your new PLAB Community Manager, you have already seen Katie in amazing action - at recent PLAB Nation and HSB Q&A calls, and at the Collab Lab!
But that’s not all Katie has going on!
In the past year, Katie has serviced more repeat clients than ever before - and for a whole range of audio services including audio books, vocals and music production.
She was hired by artists in 3 different genres to work on their entire albums! With her incredible skills as a backing vocalist, vox producer and mixer, editor, and mastering expert, Katie delivered awesome results for each project.
Katie is really dedicated to her artist career, and in the past year was able to only accept live performance gigs at well-paid, quality venues where she felt respected and appreciated. No more roughing it!
And not only that, but she also created 30 custom songs, and - of course - joined PLAB as your new Community Manager!
And all of this while being a parent to 4 kids! A true Home Studio Boss Powerhouse! 🥳
Here are just a FEW of Katie's wins in the past year!!
- Serviced more repeat clients than ever before for a range of audio services (including audio books, vocals/vocal production and music production).
- Was hired by artists in 3 different genres to work on their entire albums (one as a backing vocalist, one for vox production/mixing and mastering and one for editing/mixing/mastering).
- Only accepted live performance gigs at venues that were well paid, quality venues where she felt respected and appreciated.
- Created 30 custom songs.
- Became PLAB’s brand new community manager!
How AWESOME is Katie?!
Find out more about Katie at Heartbeat Kick Productions
From Session Sax Player to to Sync Artist and Professional Home Studio Boss Producer!
Last year, we left off with Ralph Ogunbiyi starting his Home Studio Boss journey as a working producer. A year on and he is absolutely killi
For his latest venture, Ralph co-wrote, produced, and recorded a full jazz album for a boutique sync library in London, UK, showcasing his incredible skills and mastery of the genre.
But that's not all - Ralph is currently juggling 4 client productions in different genres, and he's just been booked to fully produce a 5-song EP for another client.
Ralph is currently working with a variety of collaborators on tracks for advertising and sync, and he’s creating his own instrumental jazz tracks for his own artist release later this year.
And all of this is accomplished with Ralph’s calm confidence and absolute love of the music he creates and of being a Boss Producer!
Here are just a FEW of Ralph's wins in the past year!!
- Co-wrote, produced and recorded a full jazz album for a boutique sync library in London, UK.
- Currently working on 4 client productions in different genres.
- Booked by another client to fully produce a 5 song EP.
- Collaborating on tracks for advertising.
- Creating his own instrumental jazz tracks for release later this year.
What an inspiration!!
You can find out more about Ralph at Hybr1ds Music Productions.
4-Hour Bars Gigs No More!! Aimee Francis Has Transformed Into A BOSS Producer!
A multi-talented musician, writer, artist, session singer, and co-writer - Aimee Francis has now added Home Studio BOSS producer to her resumé!
Aimee joined Home Studio Boss as a full-time bar musician, and a year on is producing and writing her own music, collaborating with other talented artists - and only playing the select live gigs she wants to play.
In the past 10 months alone, Aimee has made over $20K in custom songwriting - and has been able to work on these custom songs as she traveled with her portable studio too!
Aimee has just landed her first TV placement - obviously, a major accomplishment for any artist/producer - and has recently had the opportunity to share the stage with none other than her childhood favorite artist, Rod Stewart! 🥰
AND Aimee has just joined the PLAB Team so you’ll be seeing a lot more of her around here really soon! 🥳
Here are just a FEW of Aimee's wins in the past year!!
- Make over $20K in custom songwriting in 10 months
- Just landed her first TV placement
- Shared the stage with none other than her childhood fave artist, Rod Stewart!
- Now chooses the bar gigs she wants to do!
- Joined the Produce Like A Boss team!!
Yeay!!! So awesome, Aimee! 🙌🏻
For more about Aimee, go to Fox Haus Music
Mixmatched Socks Productions
An Epic & Profitable Songwriter & Producer - All While Being PLAB’s Head Coach!!
From achieving his first 5 figure month with custom songs, to co-writing and producing 5 tracks for a children's TV show pilot (and being asked to return for more work on the same show!), Michael Averill has accomplished so much in the past year!
Michael was also hired to produce 4 different artists' full EP's - which add up to 26 songs in total - and has established multiple repeat client relationships as a vocalist and guitarist
He licensed a Halloween song to an augmented reality art installation in the city where he lives, and licensed 2 more songs to the same installation that he had recorded for his wife!
An artist at heart, Michael bought his dream guitar - that has already paid for itself in session work and custom songs - and he is currently self-producing his next album/book/audio book for a summer 2023 release.
All of that in addition to being Head Coach of the Home Studio Boss VIP program and a staple of the Produce Like A Boss Community! 🎧
What a legend!!!
Here are just a FEW of Michael's wins in the past year!!
- Had his first 5 figure month with custom songs.
- Co-wrote and produced 5 songs for a children's TV show pilot, and was contacted to come back for more!
- Got hired to produce 4 different artists' full EPs
- Licensed a Halloween song to an augmented reality art installation in the city he lives in.
- Recorded 2 songs for his wife (that were really important to her) and both got licensed in the same augmented reality installation.
- Bought a dream guitar that already paid for itself in session work and custom songs.
- Currently self producing his next album/book/audio book for a summer 2023 release!
- Became Head Coach of the Home Studio Boss VIP program!
How EPIC is all of that?! 🥳
Find out more about Michael at Mixmatched Socks Productions.
PoppyMoth Productions / Intro To Scoring
From Newbie Producer to Film Composer: The Incredible Journey of Aoife O’Leary
Aoife O’Leary has had a life-changing year - landing the dream job of composing the musical score for not one but two feature films - even though she can’t read or write music and had only been producing in a DAW for a year when she got the jobs!
Not surprisingly, she spent most of last year studying and practicing scoring and then co-composing the score for the two movies - both of which are now in post-production and set to be released later this year.
Aoife also created - and is currently putting the finishing touches to - a course called Intro to Scoring, which will help newbie musicians and producers like her learn how to score too.
Aside from scoring, Aoife also worked as a producer, vocalist and songwriter for repeat clients through her production company, PoppyMoth Productions, and she created multiple courses/masterclasses/guides for PoppyMoth Productions too.
She worked with multiple collaborators on songs for sync - resulting in many music library placements - and also wrote 40 custom songs, including one marriage proposal for a client called "Will You Marry Me?" (...the recipient said yes!)
And to top off a pretty amazing year, Aoife joined the PLAB team as a Home Studio Boss VIP Coach! 🥳 You’ll be seeing a lot more of her!! 🎧
Here are just a FEW of Aoife's wins in the past year!!
- Co-composed the score for 2 feature films (both currently in post-production).
- Developed a course, Intro To Scoring, to help people learn to score too.
- Wrote 40 custom songs, including a marriage proposal called, “Will You Marry Me?”
- Worked as a producer, songwriter and vocalist for repeat clients through her production company, PoppyMoth Productions.
- Created multiple courses/masterclasses/guides for PoppyMoth Productions.
- Created songs for sync with multiple collaborators, resulting in many library placements.
- SJoined the PLAB team as a Home Studio Boss VIP Coach!
Isn’t that an incredible list of wins?! 🥳
Annex Audio Studios
Michael Evans Is Making Moves With His Music!
Michael has been recording his own music for 30 years. He's seen every iteration of home recording equipment over the past three decades, but before home studio boss, he was still looking for the tools to help monetize his music.
In the video below, Michael talks about how, before Home Studio Boss, his journey to take his production skills to the next level was fragmented. He lacked clarity on all of the money-making opportunities that existed in the modern music industry.
Michael has always demonstrated such passion and enthusiasm, both for the craft of music production and for the business side of things. It's been SO cool to witness his growth and success, and such an honor to be a part of his journey as a coach!
Here are just a FEW of Michael's wins since joining Home Studio Boss!
- Hired a Virtual Assistant!
- Got Hired for a Custom Beatmaking Gig
- Got Hired for a Mixing/Mastering Gig
- Received 2nd Place in the 10 Beat Challenge!